I am slowly being reputed by my concentric circle of friends to be "oh, the one who isn't on facebook." It's just that it takes too much time to maintain all these social networking sites. Everybody tells me to sign up because it's fun and it serves as a good distraction. I wonder if it can really be a good distraction from another distraction. Would it work? Haha.
So the other day, Tintin thought she had tagged me on facebook to make up my 25 random things. I told her i'm not in facebook so she sent me her 25 things through email and urged me to email her back. Since i had a long day working on a project and i wasn't sleepy yet, i obliged.
Here are my 25 random things. I'm posting them here until i do sign up at facebook.
1. I am a connection junkie. I am loneliest when I do not understand people and people misunderstand me.
2. I am an earth person. I like mountains. There’s something so comforting about the sights, sounds and smells while you’re in a mountain. Although I’ve never fully climbed one, it have always wanted to.
3. When I’m upset, I cook. Getting busy in the kitchen relaxes me. They say you shouldn’t cook when you’re sad or else the food will taste bad. I don’t care. I’m usually the one who eats what I cook anyway.
4. When I’m just a little upset, I spend time in the supermarket. I can stay for two hours in it without buying anything. The bigger the supermarket, the better. Of course, usually just a little upset escalates to really upset so I end up buying things and doing number three.
5. I pride myself for being koboy. I never can pull off being a damsel in distress. Sometimes, though, I wished I were maarte. Men like that.
6. My guilty pleasure (and the only time I’m maarte) are manicures and pedicures.
7. I love shoes. What? I’m a girl too, you know.
8. When I was younger, I wanted to be a writer. During high school, I always carried a little notebook in my pocket for when random ideas just occurred to me. Of course as I grew older, I realized I wrote crappily so I gave up on the illusion and contented myself with hyperventilating over good literature.
9. I think the universe has been good to me; it gave me signs for everything. Like I knew there had to be one big reason why I was suddenly feeling pretty low on new year’s day (I wasn’t PMS-ing), or why Eraserheads' "Huwag mo Nang Itanong" played while I was reading page 2 of a recently published local novel in an attempt to find answers to a hurricane of questions, or why a song that I liked wouldn’t download no matter how many times I tried to download it, or why Rodger Fed lost in the Aussie open, or why my phone’s #3 key suddenly failed to work one morning, or why Dexter the cat had been “caponated” against my wishes and so on and so forth…
10. I’ve always wanted to study in the Netherlands. Why? I don’t really know. I have this inexplicable affinity to the place.
11. When I was a kid, I’d shut my room and just dance… even without music.
12. My mom said that when I was three or four, I was crazy about onions. And I munched on whole white onions like they were just apples.
13. I am terrible with deadlines – I rarely submit my work on time, I pay my bills way past due dates. I am procrastinator extraordinaire.
14. I like being in transit. When I’m in jeepneys, buses, trains and planes, I am able to think. My roommate Majen firmly believes I will find “the one” in transit which is weird because I never even mentioned I like being in transit.
15. I cry at the silliest movie scenes. Like when I watched Ratatouille, I cried at the scene where the food critic tasted the food and was transported to when he was a little boy being comforted by his mother’s cooking after having a really bad day.
16. When I am nervous, I wear something red.
17. I had a long running crush on David Duchovny’s Fox Mulder. What can I say, I like ‘em brilliant but weird, angry, neurotic and unreacheable.
18. I once lived beside a very black river near an old bridge in Binondo.
19. I like architects. How they are able to balance art and science amazes me.
20. I like outdoor crowds. I hate mall crowds.
21. Stuffed toys annoy me.
22. I’m a bad gambler. I never win bets or raffles, for that matter. That’s why I don’t even bother with the lotto.
23. I have three brothers, fourteen male cousins and some very close male friends. Don’t blame me if I’m a little bit jaded.
24. I’ve never watched a concert ever before. The Eraserheads Final Set *might* be my first time. Fail.
25. I can be very hard-headed, determined and disciplined when I choose to.